New York Fashion Week has left a amazing feel of inspiration. We enjoyed watching some great fashion shows, full of new ideas, looks and ready for Spring and Summer. One fashion show in particular stole my heart and I am wishing it was spring already. Rebecca Minkoff! Rebecca moved to NYC when she was only 18 to pursue her dream of becoming a fashion designer and today she is more than just that. For me she is two things above all ‘Extremely pretty and incredible smart’. I adore her style and I love to share with you 3 of my favorites looks from her SS 2013 collection.
My favorite look, no doubt. I am not sure if it is a onepiece or a top with pants. Eitherway I would wear it. The print is amazing (so sophisticated) and I love the faded parts. It is admire worthy how she combined the minimalistic style but kept it very feminine.
The only jeans in the collection. I am a jeans kinda girl and since our summers don’t get very hot I would love to wear this look. This is a everyday look, but so fun. I like the shade of the jeans and the ripped parts, but what I love the most are those sandals, to die for <3.
For more looks and information about winning a $1500 shopping spree at rebeccaminkoff.com in collaboration with Bloglovin’ go here.
Not a blogger? You can win a $500 shopping spree at rebeccaminkoff.com in collaboration with Bloglovin’ if you go here.
Let me know what you think about her collection and what are your favorite looks?
I promised you to make a original vs. budget post. Why buy the real thing when there are lovely fakes. Not everyone can spend a $1000/800 euro on a bag or a pair of shoes. Today I am doing a shoes only version. I think I will give this post some other tries with other items.
Here are my shoebudgettips for the moment:
Isabel Marant wedge sneakers 450 euro’s vs. Zara wedge sneakers 60 euro’s.
Sam Edelman metallic heels 150 euro vs. Zara reflector heels for 40 euro’s.
Remember Sam Edelman came out with a knock-off from the Balenciaga shoe boot in 2009. Now others try to knock-off Sam Edelman and more winterproof anyway.
Chloe boots for 905 euro vs. Zara boots for 100 euro’s.
Do you now understand why I love the Zara so much?
I hope you liked this post? Please let me know in a comment below.
I always feel that my budget is fighting against what is trending. That little voice inside my head always says to me: ‘You really like does …., don’t you? Just buy them!’ Unfortunatly I am not rich (at all) and my bank account doesn’t like me spending all that money. I have found some ways to indulge myself in the new trend, but don’t spend to much. Here are some budgettips:
1. Go Outlet shopping. I am really lucky to live about 5 min away from a pretty big outletcenter.
2. Go sample shopping. Follow some blogs who will give you more information about where/when.
3. Go to second hand/vintage shops.
4. Go on Ebay and buy second hand.
5. Find out which online shops offer free delivery and affordable clothes. I find new online shops using Fashiolista. I will make a list of my favorite online shops soon.
6. Never buy something in a online shop without using a discount code. Just use google and you pretty much find some codes for every online shop there is.
7. Don’t buy the real thing but search for a real nice knock-off. I will make another post about this topic.
8. Make a list before you go (online) shopping. Then you only buy things you really need.
9. Clean out you closet, you will find things you forgotten about (feels like shopping).
10. Sell you stuff and make money instead of spending it.
Hope these tips will help you to become a better (online) shopper and you are able to save some money. Let me know if you want to add some tips? I can sure use them.
I number all favorite bloggers ad random. Today I am introducing you to FashnChips. Christine is a Dutch blogger. She does exactly what I like. She combines clean and shophisticated items with simple t-shirts, sneakers or ripped jeans. Boy, do I ❤ here style.
Here are my favorite looks:
What do you think about Christine’s look?
As you all know I love reading other blogs and I love introducing you to the people who write the blogs. Well, FashnChips by Christine is a Dutch blogger and she posted a amazing contest online, which you can find here. I am not a UK reader (I am Dutch) but I love to make a Amsterdam look anyway. In my next blog I will introduce you to Christine and here blog.
1. Acne white shirt 2. Vintage Levi’s shorts 3. Retrosuperfuture sunnies, model Gals 4. Primark bag with studs 5. Primark millitary/leather jacket 6. Acne pistol boots
I believe the Amsterdam look is rock chic, edgy and not to clean&neat.
What do you think about my Amsterdam look?
One week not seen. I have been offline and crazy busy. Hope you understand I am juggling a fulltime+ job, social activities and on the point of buying a house with my boyfriend. I am going to make this up with you guys. Well, how about August. We had some amazing weeks full of sunshine (finally) and here is my photo diary.
1. The University got so dead during the summer 2. My new shirt ripped during the summer, I hate when that happens. My mom came to the rescue 3. Fresh fruities 4. Solar weekend festival, we ❤ house music 5. Stylish girls eat crisps, one of my friends on the left, me on the right 6. Me and my bestie at Solar Weekend festival 7. I felt like going on a new adventure, but no money no game 8. Bought scones mix for the high tea I organized for my dear girlfriends 9. My first lipstains and I really like them better than lipstick 10. Followed a online tutorial and painted my old jewelry with nailpolish 11. I’ve had some days which I wasn’t that happy and I always like to listen to snowpatrol 12. Somedays where just HOT, and we where packed on the beach like sardines
Hope you had a amazing summer? Did you go somewhere?
So, I Berlin we also took a detour to one of the most famous vintage stores ‘Die Garage’. This is the place where the Berliners bought there first vintage Adidas jacket. Nowadays it is more common under tourists but it is still a awesome places with great stuff.
I couldn’t refuse but to buy my first vintage Levi pants, which I will customize myself into shorts. Here are some before and after pictures.
If you are looking for a real vintage, you will be looking for this red stitch on the inside. I chose the 501, because that is the classic model.
What do you think about vintage Levi’s shorts?
I wanted to share with you my two buys I love most and are a great addition to my fall collection.
1. H&M sweater, this is the back because I wanted to show you the zipper.
2. Zara camo/leather jacket, two styles combined into one
I will be wearing both a lot this autumn/winter. What is you favorite fall item?
I’m back and it was lovely. Great weather, great people and a vibrant atmospfere. Here I will share a quick impression of our trip to Berlin. Soon I will share with you my new buys from Berlin.
1. East Side Gallery in Friedrichshain (East Berlin)
2. Berlin wall
3. My bf infront of the Berlin wall
4. Me infront of the wall, wearing Mango bouclé jacket, Pieces grey basic shirt and Primark stud earrings
5. Me in the middle of the Holocaust monument, wearing H&M jeans, black shirt and golden necklace. Sunglasses I bought in Australia.
6. One of the (reconstructed) rooms in a old Stasi prison.
Hope you had a awesome weekend as well?